I am sometimes asked “what is a good book to read” by someone who is seeking to go deeper in his spiritual journey. I certainly would not presume to have the correct answer to that question, however I do have some favorites that have made an impact in my life. Below is a short starter list for that journey.
Here is a list of books that I recommend for men to read.
No particular order.
- Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- The Pursuit of God by A W Tozer
- Knowledge of the Holy by A W Tozer
- Water from a Deep Well by Gerald Sittser
- The Measure of a Man by Gene Getz
- Good to Great by Chip Ingram
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby
- Knowing God by J I Packer